Leasehold & Market Rent Officer
Working within our small, expanding team you will assist in delivering a commercially focused, comprehensive service to our customers.
Your duties will include assisting with leaseholder enquiries and correspondence, including service charges and Section 20 consultation. You may also liaise with our letting agent, complete tenancy sign ups, inventory checks at the beginning and end of tenancies, income collection including any legal action required. You will also work closely with other members of the organisation to ensure that residents receive a seamless commercially tailored service.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with leaseholders or have a good understanding of service charges relating to this tenure.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- A proven ability of creating and sustaining effective internal and external relationships.
- A good understanding of social housing policy and law.
- Good IT skills, with the ability to prepare reports, draft correspondence, newsletters, and maintain accurate records.
- Access to their own transport as the role requires travel throughout the region.
Safeguarding & Recruitment
Estuary is committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
This post is also subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This is due to the workplace having shared access with our Family Centre & Nursery.
Equality & Diversity
At Estuary Housing Association we value inclusiveness and we are committed to embedding equality and diversity at the heart of our work. We aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 5th July.