Income & Allocations Assistant (Fixed Term Contract)
Estuary Housing Association has an excellent new opportunity for an Income & Allocations Assistant to join our busy Housing & Communities department, on a fixed term contract for an initial period of 6 months.
The role of the Income & Allocations Assistant is varied and will provide essential administrative support to our Income & Allocations team. You will mainly have telephone contact with our customers; however, there will be some face to face contact within the office. You will also work closely with the Tenancies, Central Services and Property Services teams to ensure excellent customer service.
About the role:
Main duties will include:
- Monitor mutual exchange cases and give advice and support to customers and other social landlords
- Liaise with Local Authorities in relation to seeking applicants for our empty homes
- Answering telephone and written enquiries relating to Allocations
- Keeping our client record systems up to date
- Assist Income Officers with monitoring former tenant and car parking rent accounts
- Scanning and photocopying
- Provide reception cover for our Centre Place office on a rota basis
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent ICT / MS Office skills and a good head for numbers;
- An understanding of confidentiality and the ability to deal sensitively with difficult situations;
- Great communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team and build effective working relationships with a variety of people;
- Previous experience in a customer service, financial or lettings environment;
- 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or equivalent, including Maths and English;
- The ability to organise your own workload whilst juggling conflicting priorities and ensuring deadlines are met.
Safeguarding & Recruitment
Estuary is committed to safeguarding and practices safer recruitment standards and expects all staff to share the commitment to safeguarding children and people with care and support needs. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. This post is also subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. This is due to the workplace having shared access with our Family Centre & Nursery.
Equality & Diversity
At Estuary Housing Association we value inclusiveness and we are committed to embedding equality and diversity at the heart of our work. We aim to be an inclusive organisation, where individual differences are respected, where staff, people who use services, as well as their families and carers, are treated with dignity and on the basis of their merits, abilities and needs, and where everyone has a fair opportunity to fulfil their potential without suffering discrimination or disadvantage.
The closing date for applications is midday on 2nd September 2019.